E-ISSN 1658-8223 | ISSN 1658-645X
 

Original Article 


Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications

Hussam Zain, Yousif M.Y.Abdallah, Wifag Mustafa, Tayseer dhayfallah almuteiri, Rayan G Albarakati.

Abstract
Background and Aim: The aim of this study was to study the prevalence, indications and the different complications of cesarean section in King Khalid Hospital (KKH).

Methods: This was a cross-sectional study done in one-year duration (January 2016- December 2016) at KKH Hospital (Majmaah Saudi Arabia) in the Gynecology & Obstetrics Department. The study population consisted of 394 women who delivered at the hospital during the period of the study.

Results: Most of patients who underwent cesarean section were in the age group of 26-30 years (33.8%) and the lowest number was in the age group 15-20 (1%), the majority of patients were housewife (80.7%), regarding the parity most of them fall in the range para 2-4 (62.7%). C.S prevalence was 30.1% (394) and vaginal delivery was 69.9.1% (918), performed as an emergency (59.1%) and the rest were done electively (40.9%). almost one third of C-sections had complications 31.9% ,the other two third were free of complications (68.1%), the highest rate of complications was abdomen and pelvic adhesion 88 (69%) followed by intra- and post-partum hemorrhage10 (7.9%), bladder injury 4 ( 3.1% ) and poor wound healing was 4 ( 3.1%).

Conclusions: This study concluded that KKH Majmaah hospital has high prevalence of C.S in comparison to the international figures which need effective strategies to bring this number to normal figures, pelvic adhesion is the most frequent complication which can led to further future complications.

Key words: Cesarean section, prevalence, indications, complications, Majmaah, Saudi Arabia


 
ARTICLE TOOLS
Abstract
PDF Fulltext
How to cite this articleHow to cite this article
Citation Tools
Related Records
 Articles by Hussam Zain
Articles by Yousif M.Y.Abdallah
Articles by Wifag Mustafa
Articles by Tayseer dhayfallah almuteiri
Articles by Rayan G Albarakati
on Google
on Google Scholar


How to Cite this Article
Pubmed Style

Zain H, M.Y.Abdallah Y, Mustafa W, almuteiri Td, Albarakati RG. Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2020; 8(3): 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006


Web Style

Zain H, M.Y.Abdallah Y, Mustafa W, almuteiri Td, Albarakati RG. Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. http://www.mjhs-mu.org/?mno=82760 [Access: September 06, 2020]. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006


AMA (American Medical Association) Style

Zain H, M.Y.Abdallah Y, Mustafa W, almuteiri Td, Albarakati RG. Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2020; 8(3): 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006



Vancouver/ICMJE Style

Zain H, M.Y.Abdallah Y, Mustafa W, almuteiri Td, Albarakati RG. Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. Majmaah J Heal Sci. (2020), [cited September 06, 2020]; 8(3): 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006



Harvard Style

Zain, H., M.Y.Abdallah, . Y., Mustafa, . W., almuteiri, . T. d. & Albarakati, . R. G. (2020) Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. Majmaah J Heal Sci, 8 (3), 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006



Turabian Style

Zain, Hussam, Yousif M.Y.Abdallah, Wifag Mustafa, Tayseer dhayfallah almuteiri, and Rayan G Albarakati. 2020. Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. Majmaah Journal of Health Sciences, 8 (3), 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006



Chicago Style

Zain, Hussam, Yousif M.Y.Abdallah, Wifag Mustafa, Tayseer dhayfallah almuteiri, and Rayan G Albarakati. "Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications." Majmaah Journal of Health Sciences 8 (2020), 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006



MLA (The Modern Language Association) Style

Zain, Hussam, Yousif M.Y.Abdallah, Wifag Mustafa, Tayseer dhayfallah almuteiri, and Rayan G Albarakati. "Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications." Majmaah Journal of Health Sciences 8.3 (2020), 37-46. Print. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006



APA (American Psychological Association) Style

Zain, H., M.Y.Abdallah, . Y., Mustafa, . W., almuteiri, . T. d. & Albarakati, . R. G. (2020) Cesarean Delivery in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia: prevalence, indications and complications. Majmaah Journal of Health Sciences, 8 (3), 37-46. doi:10.5455/mjhs.2020.03.006





Most Viewed Articles
  • Prevalence and Risk Factors of Hypercholesterolemia in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia
    Khalid El Tohami Medani, Mohammed Abdullah Al Mansour, Elsadig Yousif Mohamed, Fahad Alfhaid, Talal Shakhs Alghamdi, Waqas Sami, Sawsan Mustafa Abdalla, Mansour Khater Al Zahrani
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2018; 6(1): 34-41
    » Abstract » doi: 10.5455/mjhs.2018.01.006

  • Physical Therapy Intervention in Post Stroke Shoulder Subluxation: A Narrative Review
    Mazen Alqahtani
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2018; 6(1): 48-60
    » Abstract » doi: 10.5455/mjhs.2018.01.008

  • Gentamicin induced neurodegenerative changes in auditory cortex of adult Albino rats
    Rehan M Asad, Moattar R Rizvi, Sami Waqas, Kamran Afzal
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2013; 1(1): 11-17
    » Abstract » doi: 10.12816/0004766

  • Prevalence of Hypertriglyceridemia in Patients Attending Primary Health Care Centers in Majmaah, Saudi Arabia
    Fahad Alfhaid
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2018; 6(1): 10-16
    » Abstract » doi: 10.5455/mjhs.2018.01.003

  • Parental Knowledge, Attitude and Practice on Antibiotic use for Upper Respiratory Tract Infections in Children
    Khaled Al-Dossari
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2013; 1(1): 33-45
    » Abstract » doi: 10.12816/0004769

  • Most Downloaded
  • The “Epidemiological Transmission” and “Double-Burden of Disease”: A Focus on Africa
    Asim Abdelmoneim Hussein
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2014; 2(2): 3-11
    » Abstract

  • Relativity of Platelet Count with Automated Cell Counter & Manual Haemocytometer using Peripheral Blood Smear
    Purnendu Sinha, Moattar Raza Rizvi, Ranjay Kumar Choudhary
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2014; 2(1): 41-46
    » Abstract » doi: 10.12816/0004783

  • Physical Therapy Intervention in Post Stroke Shoulder Subluxation: A Narrative Review
    Mazen Alqahtani
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2018; 6(1): 48-60
    » Abstract » doi: 10.5455/mjhs.2018.01.008

  • How Many Subjects Should be Studied: Sample Size Determination through Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Interval
    Waqas Sami, Mohammed O. Al-Rukban, Mohammed Almansour, Tayyaba Waqas, Kamran Afzal, Rehan Asad
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2013; 1(2): 43-48
    » Abstract

  • An Assessment of Nutrition Education in Primary Schools and its Effect on Students Dietary Behaviors and Body Mass Index in Saudi Arabia
    Ali S. R. Alsubaie
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2017; 5(2): 45-56
    » Abstract » doi: 10.5455/mjhs.2017.02.006

  • Most Cited Articles
  • Physical Therapy Management for Child with Generalized Joint Hypermobility
    Mohamed Sherif Sirajudeen
    Majmaah J Heal Sci. 2020; 8(1): 113-119
    » Abstract » doi: 10.5455/mjhs.2020.01.011
    Cited : 2 times [Click to see citing articles]